Yesterday I had a surprise guest over for lunch…. We had lasagna! He said he loved it, I hope you will too.
It’s easy and relatively fast!
For the light version use less butter and light ingredients.
For the fast version use readymade tomato sauce just add to it the minced beef (make sure to find one with onion, garlic and basil) and buy your bchamel.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 300 g of lasagna pasta
- 500 g of bolognaise sauce
- 300 ml bchamel sauce
- 150 g of gruyere or parmesan cheese for the toping
For the bolognaise sauce:
- 400 g of minced beef
- 1 big onion chopped
- 5 tomatoes pealed or one can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- tsp of oregano
- tsp of celery
- 1 tsp of dried basilica or some leaves of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper depending on your preference (I use very little salt)
- 2 TBL of Olive oil
- Rosemary is optional (I do not use it, but know a lot of people like it)
1. Let the tomatoes boil, peel and chop them
2. Put the olive oil on the fire, once hot enough add the chopped onions, minced beef, celery and tomatoes. Stir the ingredients together
3. Peel and add the finely chopped garlic, the oregano, basil and all the greens you chose.
4. Add salt and pepper
5. Simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes on a low fire
For the bchamel sauce:
- 500 ml of milk
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven at 210 C
2. Let the butter melt in a sauce pan
3. Add the flour, and mix
4. Cook over low fire, stirring constantly for 2 minutes
5. Once the mixture is homogeneous, remove from heat and slowly add the milk and the nutmeg while still mixing
6. Put back the mix on the low fire and stir for 10 minutes.
7. Add the salt and pepper
For the Lasagna
Now that all the ingredients are ready it’s time to start assembling the lasagna in a baking dish… First add a little bchamel sauce, then place one layer of the lasagna pasta, then the bolognaise mix, the béchamel sauce, the pasta, the bolognaise…. The last level should be the béchamel sauce, add the grated cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes.