This past week I won a ticket to Rome with my only tombola ticket; and my marathon friend made me smile super hard 2 days ago. We also laughed a lot last night at an old story we believed in that was completely absurd to start with… Still some friends of mine had less interesting stories and more tiring moments… And since many of my closies are some hundreds of Kilometers away I decided to do a virtual toast to amazing friends, caring families, first dates, strong health, slow kisses, 5K runs, Iron Women, girls stupid invented stories, women’s dreams, Men’s muscles and everything good and sweet…
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 of cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 125 g of milk chocolate (cut in chunks)
- 125 g of dark chocolate (to be melted)
- 115 g of butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the butter: Fill a large pan with water and place a pot right on top (Bain-Marie), once the water is boiling, add the dark chocolate in the pot, then the butter. Once melted, let is cool a bit.
- Whisk together flour + cacao powder + baking soda + salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar +eggs + Vanilla at a medium speed. Then add the melted chocolate + butter mix and mix.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mix.
- Add the milk chocolate chunks and mix with a spoon…. Do not over-mix or over-cut the chocolate chunks.
- Place the batter on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then place small portions of the batter, using a small spoon, apart from each other (the cookies will flatten, and you do not want them to get stuck to each other).
- Bake for 15minutes or until the surface begins to crack.
- Enjoy with moderation… They are really yummy!!
NB: Cookies should be still a bit soft when you take them out of the oven…. Their texture will change when they cool and will become a bit harder… So don’t over-bake!