Sports experts always tell us to eat carbohydrates, a bit of fat, proteins and sugar for breakfast. So this banana bread is your perfect meal for your long active days.
- ½ cup of butter (or 125 g) at room temperature + more for pan
- ¾ cup of brown sugar (or 160g)
- 3 eggs
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas depending on the size
- ¼ cup of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour (or 275 g) (you can use whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- ½ tbsp of salt
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3 TBL of milk (and please don’t use skimmed milk, it’s not worth the calories you will be sparing)
- Optional: ½ tbsp of nutmeg, ½ cinnamon, ½ ginger or chocolate chips, 1TBL of honey (add it if your bananas are nor not ripe enough)
- Preheat the oven at 180C and butter the loaf pan
- Beat the eggs
- Mash the bananas
- Mix the butter + sugar
- Add the egg to the mixture
- Flour + Baking Powder + Vanilla + Salt, sift them together and add to the mixture
- Add the milk
- Add the nuts and the bananas to the mix. Do not over mix
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick come out clean (about 45minutes)
Enjoy your banana bread for breakfast.
To know: Banana bread is denser and less sweet than banana cake. The banana cake is slightly moister.